Tuesday, 24 March 2009

Trying to be grateful!

I have not had the chance to blog over the past few days due to the fact I have had a brief spell in hospital, I went in Thursday night and came out Saturday and I have spent the last few days recovering. It was terrible timing as it's my 30th birthday on Wednesday (tomorrow) and I have since found out that I was meant to be having a surprise dinner with 20 close friends at my favourite resturant on the Friday night - and because I was in hospital my husband had to cancel it, so as you can imagine I have been feeling very sorry for myself!

I thought that it would be very apt to tell you about a project I started a few weeks ago. I noticed on another blog someone talking about a gratitude journal, a journal where every day you find something to be gratefull for and write it down, thus making you appricate your life more. I thought I would find it really hard but actually it’s been fine, sometimes finding more than one thing, we are not talking big things just the small things that we can take for granted, it also forces you to find something postitive about a bad day (and I’ve had one or two of them recently!)

Todays pictures are of my gratitude journal


2 comments:

  1. Oh Teresa- I am so sorry to hear you have been in hospital - sending you lots of hugs. Love your gratitude journal - I think my blog is a bit like that - writing things down is certainly a very helpful exercise. Let me know when you are ready for a nice walk. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gratitude journal is a fantastic idea - it worked and still works for me. Ax

    ReplyDelete